Join the Cheltenham Bowls Club
The Cheltenham Bowls club has been a part of the Cheltenham community for more than 100 years and celebrated its Centenary in 2007/08.
Cheltenham is a high-profile Club with a proud history and remains one of the biggest Bowls Clubs in the area, providing bowls opportunities for both men and women.
The Club is an incorporated Association , affiliated with Bowls Victoria, and governed by a Board that has overall responsibility for management, policy and planning.
In 2021/22 the Club will field six Saturday Pennant sides and four Midweek Pennant sides. We participate in the Night Pennant competition and host a number of regular weekday events for members and visitors. The Club carries a full bar licence and the clubrooms are regularly open for social use.
Annual Membership Fee Structure
|Full Member||All rights incl. Voting, office bearer & full bowls rights||$240.00|
|Full Member – New Bowler||1st Year Special Concession||$70.00|
|Student – Primary/Secondary||Full bowls rights||FREE|
|Student – Post secondary age 25||Full bowls rights||$50.00|
|Social Member||May roll up on practice days||$55.00|
Cheltenham bowls membership form (Download the file to your computer/phone to fill in and email to the club)
Conditions of Membership
In making this application for membership of the Cheltenham Bowls Club Inc.,
I understand and agree that:
- I will be bound by the Rules of the Club applying from time to time.
- Acceptance and continuation as a member of the club will depend on timely payment of recurring fees and charges as determined by the Board from time to time.
- Membership is not transferable to another person.
- A person becoming a playing member of the Cheltenham Bowls Club Inc., is also bound by the Constitution and Regulations of the State Controlling Body for the Sport of Bowls.
- Cheltenham Bowls Club Inc., is a voluntary association that relies on its members to participate in the management and operation of the Club and I will be expected to do so.
- If you have a particular talent or expertise in an area, that you think maybe of interest or benefit to the Club, please let us know.
- There is a minimum dress code in the Club premises which comprises bowls uniform or neat casual attire.
- Approved Club uniform is required for Pennant and other specified events at cost to the member. Unless otherwise specified, club colours or “whites” are required for other events.
- An appropriate standard of behaviour shall be observed by members on club premises and greens and when visiting other clubs, that enhances club life and excludes objectionable, disruptive or violent behaviour.
- Where members make themselves available to team selection or participation in any event, they are expected to attend and participate unless reasonable and prior notice is given.
- Guests are welcome to be brought to the Club by members, but must be signed in and comply with the standards of dress and behaviour that applies to members. Members are responsible for their guests.
- The Board may, if it is of the opinion that a member has refused, or neglected to comply with the rules of the Club or has been guilty of conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the club, review that person’s membership and fine, suspend or expel that member as considered appropriate in accordance with the provisions of the Rules and Purposes of the Club.
- Notwithstanding payment of the prescribed fee, the Board of the Club may review and refuse this application and refund the fee paid.